Fiscal Incentives and Support Measures for Registered R&D Units Indian Government in order to promote innovative Research and development activities in country offers Fiscal Incentives and Support measures through Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR).
DSIR is a nodal agency to grant recognition & registration to such R&D units so as to be able to benefit from Government incentives. The proforma and details of the scheme are also available at DSIR website http://www.dsir.gov.in
Some of the Incentives are:
1. 100% write off of revenue expenditure on R&D
2. 100% write off of capital expenditure on R&D in the year the expenditure is incurred
3. Customs duty exemption to in-house R&D units established by corporate companies
4. Central excise duty exemption to in-house R&D units established by corporate companies
5. Central excise duty waiver for 3 years on goods designed and developed by a wholly owned Indian company and patented in any two countries out of: India, USA, Japan and any one country of European Union.